Monday, February 25, 2013

Finally a book trailer for Bewitching Hour

Click to Enlarge this Image
(and it's large!)

First, how do you like the image I made of the main characters in "Bewitching Hour"? This is exactly how I see them in my mind's eye when I wrote the story. The room is exactly how I see it and so is the bed. I hope I don't ruin the image of the characters for you. If I did, I apologize.

Although my novella has been out since, um, November last year, I hadn't been able to find the time to make a book trailer for it OR format it for print publishing. Thanksgiving, Saint Nicolas, Christmas, New Year's Eve, income taxes, and Valentine's Day have all taken up a lot of my time up and I haven't been able to do much, although I have been writing some on "For Elise" and another story.

Anyway, I decided to use the music that I had purchased some time back for this particular book trailer and only got around doing something with it in the past two days. I've posted it on "Bewitching Hour's" dedicated page and you can see it here.

Last Thursday I discovered our fridge was acting up. Since I bought an extended service plan, I called in for a service appointment and was dismayed to find out that they couldn't send anyone out until Monday. I mean, I call Thursday and I don't get any service until Monday!

The problem was, every time I opened the fridge it was a dark cave inside and the digital lights at the top were off. I had to push the button before I closed it just to keep the darn thing cooling. The thing is, if the light switch is broken, the fridge won't cool. Our fridge is packed with lots of fruits, veggies, and lactose-free dairy products, and that stuff isn't cheap, so I was worried everything would spoil. Well, in the end, some fruits did spoil, but the yogurt and milk were a-okay!.

It's a good thing, though, that I had bought that extended warranty. I looked online for a new switch and they cost $39.95! And that's supposed to be cheap. Anyhoo . . . the fridge is back to working perfectly again. Whew! The sad thing is, I had to wait five whole days for service and the guy was done in less than ten minutes. How anti-climatic is that?  

No comments: